Training and pilot grants
Markey Cancer Center faulty are the recipients of several training grants from the National Cancer Institute and other NIH-affiliated institutions. See below for information on current/active training grants and opportunities.
- Training Program in Oxidative Stress and Nutrition (T32 DK007778) - Lisa Cassis, PhD, and Daret St. Clair, PhD
- Molecular Mechanisms of Toxicity (T32 ES007266) - Mary Vore, PhD
- Oncology Research Training for Surgeon-Scientists (T32 CA160003) - B. Mark Evers, PhD
- Physician Training Award in Cancer Prevention (ACS) - Kevin Pearce, MD, MPH
- Interdisciplinary Research Training in Cancer Biology (T32 CA165990) - Vivek Rangnekar, PhD
- Cancer Nanotechnology Training Center (R25 CA153954) - Bradley Anderson, PhD, and B. Mark Evers, PhD
Pilot funding opportunities
The following pilot funding opportunities are available through the Markey Cancer Center. The list below will be updated when specific due dates for each program become available. Calls for applications and letters of intent are announced two to three months before the application due date. Contact Jennifer Rogers (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- American Cancer Society Institutional Research Grant awards - up to two rounds of funding per year; applications generally due in the spring (April/May/June) and/or fall (October/November).
- Buck Award - one round of funding per year, generally due in the fall (September).
- Funding announcement will be posted to the Markey listserv at the beginning of August.
- Deadline for application submission: September 1, 2015.
- The review committee's goal is to have reviews completed by September 30, 2015.
- Cancer Center Support Grant Pilot awards - one round of funding per year, generally due in the fall (October/November). Applications are invited by Markey Research Program leaders.
- Research program leaders will nominate applicants, who will submit their proposals with a due date of September 30, 2015.
- The review committee's goal is to have reviews completed by November 30, 2015.
- Kentucky Lung Cancer Research Program awards - one round of funding per year. Letters of intent are typically due in late July/early August. Full applications are invited from approved letters of intent and are typically due in October.
- Funding announcement will be posted to the Markey listserv at the beginning of July.
- KLCRP letters of intent will be due July 15, 2015.
- Invited applications based on approved letters of intent will be due October 31, 2015.
- The review committee's goal is to have reviews completed by mid-January. Awards are not announced until after the KLCRP Governance Board meets, which occurs in February.
- Pulliam Pilot awards - one round of funding per year, generally due in July/August.
- Funding announcement will be posted to the Markey listserv mid-June.
- Applications will be due on July 15, 2015.
- The review committee's goal is to have reviews completed by the middle of August.