Training and Pilot Grants
Markey Cancer Center faulty are the recipients of several training grants from the National Cancer Institute and other NIH-affiliated institutions. See below for information on current/active training grants and opportunities.
- Training Program in Oxidative Stress and Nutrition (T32 DK007778) - Lisa Cassis, PhD, and Daret St. Clair, PhD
- Molecular Mechanisms of Toxicity (T32 ES007266) - Mary Vore, PhD
- Oncology Research Training for Surgeon-Scientists (T32 CA160003) - B. Mark Evers, PhD
- Physician Training Award in Cancer Prevention (ACS) - Kevin Pearce, MD, MPH
- Interdisciplinary Research Training in Cancer Biology (T32 CA165990) - Vivek Rangnekar, PhD
- Cancer Nanotechnology Training Center (R25 CA153954) - Bradley Anderson, PhD, and B. Mark Evers, PhD
Pilot Funding Opportunities
The following pilot funding opportunities are available through the Markey Cancer Center. Calls for applications and letters of intent are announced through the Markey listserv. Contact Jennifer Rogers (email@example.com) for questions.
- American Cancer Society Institutional Research Grant awards - application due August 1, 2014
- Buck Award - application due September 17, 2014 (5 pm Eastern)
- Cancer Center Support Grant Pilot awards - dates TBD (October/November)
- Kentucky Lung Cancer Research Program awards - Letter of intent due July 31, 2014; full applications due October 22, 2014 (from invited letters)
- Pulliam Pilot awards - due July 17, 2014