Chandler Emergency Department
If you need immediate care call 911 or go to your nearest Emergency Department.
The region's only Level I Trauma Center for adult and pediatric patients
UK HealthCare’s Chandler Emergency Department occupies the ground floor of the new UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital pavilion. The department is the area’s busiest – providing life-saving treatment for critically ill or injured patients.
Adult, children and trauma
The new Emergency Department contains three focused areas of care:
UK Chandler Hospital ED administers the following programs:
Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment (HBOT) Services
- The Hyperbaric chamber allows cardiac rhythm monitoring, intravenous infusions, mechanical ventilation, and air breaks for patients undergoing treatment.
- The service follows the approved uses of hyperbaric treatment as developed by the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society and the approved indications for hyperbaric treatment as established by Medicare.
- Equipment used is a Sechrist monoplace chamber capable of pressures to 3.0 ATA (atmospheres absolute or 66 psi).
Air Medical Service
- UK HealthCare Emergency Medicine provides medical direction to PHI Air Medical Transport for Central and Eastern Kentucky.
- Air medical transport services provide rapid critical care transport of acutely ill and injured patients throughout central and eastern Kentucky.
Event Emergency Medical Services
UK HealthCare Emergency Medicine provides medical direction and support to the UK Chandler Hospital Event Medical Services program. This program provides onsite medical care to large public events including:
- UK football games
- auto racing
- horse shows
This service provides the necessary staff and equipment for large gatherings, including:
- emergency medical technicians (EMTs)
- medical supplies
Learn more about the UK Albert B. Chandler Emergency Department
Emergency Dept. Fact Sheet »