Pavilion A Auditorium
UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital
View Pavilion A Auditorium, UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital Fact Sheet (PDF, 216 KB) »
Custom-designed floral upholstery decorates the auditorium seats.
See what's new at UK HealthCare
The auditorium in Pavilion A of UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital supports UK HealthCare's commitment to providing the best that medicine has to offer within a healing environment that conveys the unique spirit of Kentucky.
Conveniently located just off the new pavilion's lobby, the 305-seat auditorium serves as a high-tech education center where physicians and staff can take part in grand rounds and other learning opportunities. It also provides a venue for music and
other artistic performances.
Support from the Sarah Scaife Foundation provided the opportunity to create this unparalleled education and performing space. "Blending music with medicine establishes UK not only for its excellence in health care, but for excellence in the healing arts
as well," said Everett McCorvey, UK director of opera and chair of the Auditorium Design Committee.
- Custom-designed multicolor floral upholstery reflective of the beauty of Kentucky nature.
- Comfortable, spacious seating with unobstructed views.
- Accommodates patients, visitors, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities or who have special needs.
- Gradually sloping floor
- Lift to the stage
- Wide doorways
- Direct access to the adjacent outdoor courtyard.
- Recording-quality acoustics.
- Sound and lighting system specially designed to support music therapy programming for patients and small-group or solo performers.
As an education center, the auditorium provides:
- State-of-the-art video conferencing.
- High-resolution audiovisual technologies.
- A convenient location for physicians and staff grand rounds, medical conferences and other learning opportunities.
- Ability to broadcast and receive educational programs to and from anywhere in the world.
The auditorium serves as an education facility and a venue for musical performances (architect rendering).
As the centerpiece of the Lucille Caudill Little Performing Arts in Healthcare Program, the facility will serve as a performance venue for UK music, dance and drama students, community groups, and renowned artists.
Performances can be telecast into patient rooms at UK Chandler Hospital, Kentucky Children's Hospital and UK Good Samaritan Hospital.
Among the featured performances in the auditorium will be the Teresa Garbulinska Annual Premier Concert Series, supported by the Little Performing Arts in Healthcare Program, which will bring an internationally renowned artist to the auditorium each
To find out more about the new pavilion at UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital, call 800-333-8874 or visit
Auditorium Design Committee
- Chair: Everett McCorvey, UK director of opera
- C. Darrell Jennings, MD, UK professor of pathology and laboratory medicine
- Rob Sprang, UK director of Telemedicine/Kentucky Telecare
- Ellen Karpf, president of the board of directors for the Lexington Philharmonic