UK June Buchanan Medical Clinic
|UK June Buchanan Medical Clinic
UK June Buchanan Medical Clinic is a community health center dedicated to providing primary and preventive health care services to the residents of Knott and surrounding counties without regard to an individual’s ability to pay.
UK June Buchanan Medical Clinic | Directions
59 Cowtown Road
Hindman KY 41822
The UK June Buchanan Medical Clinic is focused on the health and well-being of all members of Knott County. The medical, dental and lab hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The onsite pharmacy is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
The dental clinic at the UK June Buchanan Medical Clinic provides services for adults and children. Through the Dental Outreach Program, the clinic brings dental services to Knott County school children, many of whom have never seen a dentist. This dental care helps prevent diseases such as diabetes, stroke, cardiovascular disease and other health issues that might arise in the future.
The pharmacy at the UK June Buchanan Medical Clinic has a discount program to help patients afford their medications.
The UK June Buchanan Medical Clinic also provides comprehensive laboratory testing in a safe and timely manner with the results available the next day.
All patients at the UK June Buchanan Medical Clinic are treated regardless of their income or ability to pay. The clinic has a sliding fee scale to help Knott County residents afford their health care costs and reduce the financial burden of receiving care. The clinic accepts both third-party insurance and workers’ compensation.
For more information about our rural health services, visit the Center for Excellence in Rural Health.
- Acute illness/injury/minor emergency services
- Complete physicals, including those for employment, school and sports
- Family planning
- Geriatric care
- Pediatric care
- Preventive medicine
- Women's health care
- Workers' compensation
- Oral surgery: Extractions
- Periodontal: Primary treatment for gum disease
- Preventive: Exams, X-rays, cleanings, fluoride treatments, sealants and patient education
- Restorative: Fillings
- Adjunctive treatment of physical problems related to stress
- Anxiety such as post-traumatic stress disorder, panic disorder and social phobia
- Challenges with work or school
- Depression and mood disorders
- Goal-setting and goal-achievement
- Stress related disorders
- Patient testing
- Complete blood count
- Erythrocyte sedimentation rate
- Fern test
- Finger stick glucose
- Hemoglobin A1C
- Influenza A and B
- KOH (potassium hydroxide) preparation
- Microalbumin/creatinine ratio
- Mono test
- Nitrazine pH test
- Occult blood
- Prothrombin time (INR)
- RSV test
- Strep A antigen test
- Urine pregnancy test
- Wet mount
NOTE: At the time of your appointment, please bring your insurance card(s), along with any medications you are taking. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 606-785-3175.