must meet the following requirements for entrance into this internship:
- A minimum of a Baccalaureate degree and completion of a Didactic
Program in Dietetics (DPD) prior to the start date of the internship.
- A signed “Verification Statement” or “Declaration of Intent” to
complete the degree.
will also be based upon the application submitted through DICAS, personal
statement, transcripts/grades, letters of recommendation, and work/volunteer
meeting the academic requirements and technical standards shall be considered
equally for admission to the program, regardless of race, color, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, marital status, national or ethnic origin, age, military
service, disability, or handicaps.
How to apply
Prospective students wanting to apply to the program should
complete the following steps:
- This program uses the online Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS), which can be found at the DICAS portal (https://portal.dicas.org/). The fee to use DICAS is $40 for the first application and $20 for each additional application. DICAS requires the following components:
- Supervised Practice Program Application
- Personal Statement: The personal statement should be submitted
through DICAS. The personal statement
should tell us about the person, not just list courses or accomplishments that
we can find elsewhere in the application.
It is a time to tell us why you think our program is a good match for
your goals as well as a time to address any “hiccups” in the application.
- Recommendations: Three letters of recommendation are required. We do not specify who these letters need to
come from, but should best illustrate your capabilities as a future dietetic
intern. When completing the application
form, applicants must include the name and contact information (specifically an
e-mail address) for each reference. This will trigger an e-mail message
requesting completion of a reference form. The form will be completed online.
- Transcripts: Official transcripts from all colleges and
universities attended should be sent to: DICAS Transcript Dept. PO Box 9118,
Watertown, MA 02472
- Declaration of Intent form or Verification Statement: Obtain this
document from your Didactic Program Director.
Applicants who submit a Declaration of Intent form and are accepted will
be required to submit a Verification Statement before the internship program
- Applicants must also register online for computer matching at www.dnddigital.com and select dietetic internship priority choices
by the set due date. There is a $50 computer matching fee. (See Computer
Matching information below.)
- The UK Hospital Internship application fee is $40 and should be
post-marked by the DICAS application deadline. This is separate from the DICAS
fee mentioned above. A check made payable to UK Nutrition Department for $40
should be sent to:
Whitney Sanders, MHA, RD, LD
Manager, Nutrition Service
Director, Dietetic Internship
University of Kentucky Hospital
800 Rose St., HP 507
Lexington KY 40536-0293
- Interviews will be conducted for top applicants via Skype between the
February application deadline and the April Appointment Day.
applicants to Dietetic Internships (DI) must participate in the D & D
Digital computer matching process. Computer matching enables a student to be
assigned to a requested internship program that has also expressed interest in
the student. Applicants must register
and prioritize their DI preferences online at http://dnddigital.com by February 15. There is a $50 computer
matching fee. For additional computer matching information, contact:
304 Main St., Suite 301
Ames IA 50010
will notify each student applicant about the dietetic internship program to
which he or she has been “matched.” The
student must notify the Program Director via phone, email, or fax by 5:00pm on
Appointment Day to confirm acceptance of the internship assignment.
Policy regarding background checks and drug screens
accepted to the program will be required to undergo a background check and drug
screen prior to starting the program.
Please consider your own circumstances before applying to the program.