Ethical issues we don’t handle
Faculty and staff are encouraged to raise issues first with their dean, department chair, department head, director, supervisor or any other person the university recognizes as being responsible for enforcement of policies and procedures. The following offices and programs may also provide helpful information and resources:
- The UK Office of Research Integrity (ORI) supports the institution in its efforts to promote ethical conduct of research.
- The UK Ethics Committee addresses areas of ethics and compliance at the University of Kentucky.
- The UK employee assistance program, REFER, provides professional and confidential assessment and consultation to UK employees dealing with any of a wide range of problems in life.
- The UK HealthCare Corporate Compliance Program demonstrates our commitment to honest and fair dealing and centralizes our efforts in preventing and detecting illegal, unethical or abusive conduct.
- The UK College of Medicine Graduate Medical Education Program provides information and assistance to house staff.
- The Office of Institutional Equity is responsible for upholding the University’s commitment to equal opportunity for all members of the University community.
The following state and federal programs are available to all UK physicians: