Ethical Issues We Don’t Handle
Faculty and Staff are encouraged to raise issues first with their dean, department chair, department head, director, supervisor, or any other person the University recognizes as being responsible for enforcement of policies and procedures.
- The University of Kentucky Office of Research Integrity (ORI) supports the institution in its efforts to promote ethical conduct of research. See www.research.uky.edu/ori/.
- The University of Kentucky Ethics Committee addresses areas of ethics and compliance at the University of Kentucky. See www.uky.edu/Legal/Ethics/ for information on contacting the University Ethics Committee.
- The University of Kentucky employee assistance program, REFER provides professional and confidential assessment and consultation to UK employees dealing with any of a wide range of problems in life. See www.uky.edu/HR/refer/ for information about the REFER Employee Assistance Program.
- The University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center Corporate Compliance Program demonstrates our commitment to honest and fair dealing and centralizes our efforts in preventing and detecting illegal, unethical or abusive conduct. See www.ukhealthcare.uky.edu/compliance/ for information about the Corporate Compliance Program.
- The University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center Patient Safety Program promotes patient safety. See www.ukhealthcare.uky.edu/patient-safety/ for information about the Patient Safety Program.
- The University of Kentucky College of Medicine Graduate Medical Education Program provides information and assistance to house staff. See www.mc.uky.edu/GME/ for information about the Graduate Medical Education Program.
- The Office of Institutional Equity is responsible for upholding the University’s commitment to equal opportunity for all members of the University community. See www.uky.edu/EVPFA/EEO/ for information about the Office of Institutional Equity.
The following state and federal programs are available to all UK physicians:
Kentucky Physicians Health Foundation
Impaired Physicians Program
Federation of State Physician Health Programs