See Blue Continues to See Awards
- Katy Bennett, 859-257-1754, x255
- Kelley Bozeman, 859-257-3303, x234
LEXINGTON, Ky. (March 5, 2009) The University of Kentucky's 'see blue.' campaign continues to have folks across the country seeing blue in everything they do.
Winners were announced this week in the 24th Annual Admissions Advertising Awards, sponsored by Admissions Marketing Report.
The University of Kentucky, in partnership with our advertising agency of record Cornett-IMS, received six awards, including one Gold Award and one Silver Award. In the video viewbook category, the 'see blue.' recruitment video won the Gold Award.
The K Book took home the Silver Award in the other/special publications category.
UK received Merit Awards in the student viewbook category for the 2009 Viewbook, in the direct mail category for the 'see blue.' student mailing, in the Web site category for www.uky.edu and in the poster category for the "see blue." calendar/poster.
The Admissions Advertising Awards is the largest educational advertising awards competition in the country. This year, over 2,000 entries were received from more than 1,000 colleges, universities and secondary schools from all 50 states and several foreign countries.
The University of Kentucky and several departments also took home many awards at the 2009 Lexington Ad Club's Addy Awards. This year's Addy Awards celebrated 60 years of advertising innovation in the Lexington area. Winners are awarded a Gold, Silver or Bronze Addy with Gold Award winners automatically advancing to the next level of competition.
UK's winners are:
- In the video sales presentation category, the 2009 'see blue.' recruitment video earned a Gold Addy.
- The 'see blue.' calendar/poster received a Bronze Addy in the poster division.
- The K Book won a Silver Addy in the brochure color category.
- 'see blue.' on Campus received a Bronze Addy in the out-of-home campaign category.
- 'see blue.' Campaign saw a Silver Addy in the mixed media national consumer category.
Hilary J. Boone Center
- The Boone Center won a Gold Addy in the special event campaign category for their event materials.
UK College of Medicine
- In the direct marketing B to B or consumer category, UK HealthCare's Newcomers mailer received a Silver Addy.
Kentucky Children's Hospital
- In the direct marketing B to B or consumer category, the Kentucky Children's Hospital year-end appeal received a Silver Addy and the Copywriting Excellence Award.
- In the public service newsletter category, KCH received a Silver Addy for its Developments newsletter.
- UK Athletics won a Silver Addy for the banner at Commonwealth Stadium in the outdoor billboard category.
- In the arts and poster category, UK's Men's Chorus received a Bronze Addy for its Sweet 16 poster.
Alcohol and Health Education Office