Total Healing Environment
Acute care patient room
To support the best that medicine has to offer, we’ve given careful consideration to creating a comfortable, safe and welcoming environment.
- Quality and safety are our top priorities. By creating a safe environment and standardizing practices of care, we ensure the best possible medical outcomes and customer experiences.
- Artwork throughout the building provides a calming environment for contemplation. The healing benefits of art have been medically proven.
- Every floor is designed around an artistic theme that flows from the elevator lobby and hallways to patient rooms, helping families and visitors find their way around.
- The healing effects of music can be experienced in every patient room. Performances in the auditorium can be telecast into patient rooms at UK Chandler, UK Good Samaritan and Kentucky Children’s Hospital. Musicians may also perform at the patient’s bedside.
- High-tech and comfortable furnishings, color selections and materials help reduce stress and promote healing.
- Large windows with views of plazas and green space provide exposure to the healing benefits of natural light.
- By creating a natural setting that includes landscaping, courtyards and views of the outdoors, we offer a warm, familiar environment that conveys the unique spirit of Kentucky.
All great major academic medical centers rely on gifts - of all sizes - to deliver subspecialty care of the highest quality and to enhance the healing environment. To discuss supporting UK HealthCare and the new UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital, contact Victoria Myers or Dr. Michael Karpf at 859-323-6306.