Joseph Valentino, MD, FACS
- Ear, Nose and Throat (Otolaryngology)
- Endocrine Cancer Team
- Head and Neck Cancer Team
- Head and Neck Surgery
Professor of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery
- Head and Neck Oncology
- Laryngeal and Tracheal Reconstructive Surgery
- Laser Surgery
- Microvascular Reconstruction
- Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Brunswick, N.J.
University of Minnesota Hospital and Clinics, Minneapolis
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City
Certifications or Special training
American Board of Otolaryngology
National Board of Medical Examiners
Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
My name is Joseph Valentino; I received my medical degree from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Brunswick. I then completed a fellowship at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City.
I am board certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology, National Board of Medical Examiners and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
- Silver NL, Arnold SM, Gleason JF, Kudrimoti M, Brill Y, Dressler EV, Valentino J.
p16INK4a Status and Response to Induction Low-Dose Fractionated Radiation in Advanced Head and Neck Cancer.
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2015 Sep;124(9):714-20.
- Huang C, Radabaugh JP, Aouad RK, Lin Y, Gal TJ, Patel AB, Valentino J, Shang Y, Yu G.
Noncontact diffuse optical assessment of blood flow changes in head and neck free tissue transfer flaps.
J Biomed Opt. 2015 Jul;20(7):075008.
- Rychahou P, Haque F, Shu Y, Zaytseva Y, Weiss HL, Lee EY, Mustain W, Valentino J, Guo P, Evers BM.
Delivery of RNA nanoparticles into colorectal cancer metastases following systemic administration.
ACS Nano. 2015 Feb 24;9(2):1108-16.
- Zaytseva YY, Elliott VA, Rychahou P, Mustain WC, Kim JT, Valentino J, Gao T, O'Connor KL, Neltner JM, Lee EY, Weiss HL, Evers BM.
Cancer cell-associated fatty acid synthase activates endothelial cells and promotes angiogenesis in colorectal cancer.
Carcinogenesis. 2014 Jun;35(6):1341-51.
- Swanson HI, Choi EY, Helton WB, Gairola CG, Valentino J.
Impact of apigenin and kaempferol on human head and neck squamous cell carcinoma.
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol. 2014 Feb;117(2):214-20.