Charles H. Griffith III, MD, MSPH, FACP
Senior Associate Dean for Medical Education
- General Internal Medicine & Geriatrics
- Med-Peds Clinic
- Primary Care
Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Education
Vanderbilt University, School of Medicine, Nashville, Tenn.
University of Kentucky, Lexington
Certifications or Special training
American Board of Internal Medicine
America Board of Pediatrics
Fellow of the American College of Physicians
My name is Charles Griffith; I received my medical degree from Vanderbilt University, School of Medicine, Nashville, Tenn. I then completed a residency at the University of Kentucky, Lexington.
I am board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, American Board of Pediatrics and a Fellow of the American College of Physicians. As Senior Associate Dean for Medical Education, I oversee all medical student programs, residency and fellowship programs, graduate student programs, and continuing education at the University of Kentucky. My research interests are outcomes of medical education, both learner outcomes and patient outcomes when cared for by learners.
- Feddock CA, Bailey PD, Griffith CH, Lineberry MJ, Wilson JF.
Is time spent with the physician associated with parent dissatisfaction due to long waiting times?
Eval Health Prof. 2010 Jun;33(2):216-25.
- Hoellein AR, Griffith CH, Lineberry MJ, Wilson JF, Haist SA.
A complementary and alternative medicine workshop using standardized patients improves knowledge and clinical skills of medical students.
Altern Ther Health Med. 15(6):30-4.
- Griffith CH, Wilson JF, Haist SA, Albritton TA, Bognar BA, Cohen SJ, Hoesley CJ, Fagan MJ, Ferenchick GS, Pryor OW, Friedman E, Harrell HE, Hemmer PA, Houghton BL, Kovach R, Lambert DR, Loftus TH, Painter TD, Udden MM, Watkins RS, Wong RY.
Internal medicine clerkship characteristics associated with enhanced student examination performance.
Acad Med. 2009 Jul;84(7):895-901.
- Feddock CA, Hoellein AR, Griffith CH, Wilson JF, Lineberry MJ, Haist SA.
Enhancing knowledge and clinical skills through an adolescent medicine workshop.
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2009 Mar;163(3):256-60.
- Deep KS, Griffith CH, Wilson JF.
Changes in internal medicine residents' attitudes about resuscitation after cardiac arrest over a decade.
J Crit Care. 2009 Mar;24(1):141-4.