B. Mark Evers, MD, FACS
Director, Markey Cancer Center
Director, Markey Cancer Center Affiliate Network
Physician in Chief of Oncology Service
Vice Dean for Academic Development, College of Medicine
Vice-Chair for Research, Department of Surgery
- Endocrine Cancer Team
- General Surgery
- Melanoma and Sarcoma (Skin Cancer) Team
- Surgical Oncology
Professor of Surgery
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Physiology and Endocrinology
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Molecular Mechanisms of Normal Intestinal Development
- Surgical Oncology
University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis
University of Louisville, School of Medicine
University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston
Certifications or Special training
American Board of Surgery
My name is B. Mark Evers; I received my medical degree from the University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis. I completed a surgical residency at the University of Louisville followed by a research fellowship at the University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston.
I am board certified by the American Board of Surgery.
- Vilchez V, Turcios L, Zaytseva Y, Stewart R, Lee EY, Maynard E, Shah MB, Daily MF, Tzeng CW, Davenport D, Castellanos AL, Krohmer S, Hosein PJ, Evers BM, Gedaly R.
Cancer stem cell marker expression alone and in combination with microvascular invasion predicts poor prognosis in patients undergoing transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma.
Am J Surg. 2016 Aug;212(2):238-45.
- Yu T, Chen X, Lin T, Liu J, Li M, Zhang W, Xu X, Zhao W, Liu M, Napier DL, Wang C, Evers BM, Liu C.
KLF4 deletion alters gastric cell lineage and induces MUC2 expression.
Cell Death Dis. 2016;7(6):e2255.
- Upreti M, Jyoti A, Johnson SE, Swindell EP, Napier D, Sethi P, Chan R, Feddock JM, Weiss HL, O'Halloran TV, Evers BM.
Radiation-enhanced therapeutic targeting of galectin-1 enriched malignant stroma in triple negative breast cancer.
Oncotarget. 2016 May 19.
- Li J, Song J, Zaytseva YY, Liu Y, Rychahou P, Jiang K, Starr ME, Kim JT, Harris JW, Yiannikouris FB, Katz WS, Nilsson PM, Orho-Melander M, Chen J, Zhu H, Fahrenholz T, Higashi RM, Gao T, Morris AJ, Cassis LA, Fan TW, Weiss HL, Dobner PR, Melander O, Jia J, Evers BM.
An obligatory role for neurotensin in high-fat-diet-induced obesity.
Nature. 2016 May 19;533(7603):411-5.
- Sharma A, Haque F, Pi F, Shlyakhtenko LS, Evers BM, Guo P.
Controllable self-assembly of RNA dendrimers.
Nanomedicine. 2016 Apr;12(3):835-44.