- Nephrology, Bone & Mineral Metabolism
- Transplant: Kidney
- Transplant: Kidney/Pancreas
- Transplant: Pancreas
Associate Professor of Medicine
- Kidney and Pancreas Transplantation
- Renal Failure
Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Honduras, Honduras
Good Samaritan Hospital, Cincinnati
University of Kentucky, Lexington
Certifications or Special training
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine, Nephrology
My name is Ana Castellanos; I received my medical degree from Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Honduras, Honduras. I then completed a fellowship at the University of Kentucky, Lexington.
I am board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in Nephrology.
- Vilchez V, Turcios L, Zaytseva Y, Stewart R, Lee EY, Maynard E, Shah MB, Daily MF, Tzeng CD, Davenport D,Castellanos AL, Krohmer S, Hosein PJ, Evers BM, Gedaly R.
Cancer stem cell marker expression alone and in combination with microvascular invasion predicts poor prognosis in patients undergoing transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma.
Am J Surg. 2016 Aug;212(2):238-245.
- Kanthawar P, Mei X, Daily MF, Chandarana J, Shah M, Berger J, Castellanos AL, Marti F, Gedaly R.
Kidney Transplant Outcomes in the Super Obese: A National Study From the UNOS Dataset.
World J Surg. 2016 Jun 22.
- Carias S, Castellanos AL, Vilchez V, Nair R, Dela Cruz AC, Watkins J, Barrett T, Trushar P, Esser K, Gedaly R.
Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis is strongly associated with sarcopenic obesity in patients with cirrhosis undergoing liver transplant evaluation.
J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2016 Mar;31(3):628-33.
- Yepes JF, Sullivan JA, Castellanos AL, Sollecito TP.
Hypercoagulability syndromes: what the dentist needs to know.
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2007 Jul;104(1):3-11.