My name is Thein Myint; I received my degree from the University of Medicine, Mandalay, Myanmar. I finished an internal medicine residency from SUNY Downstate Medical Center, University Hospital of Brooklyn at Long Island College Hospital, Brooklyn, N.Y. I then completed a fellowship at the University of Kentucky, Lexington. My clinical interests are HIV and tropical infections. I am board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in General Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
University of Medicine, Mandalay, Myanmar
SUNY Downstate Medical Center, University Hospital of Brooklyn at Long Island College Hospital, Brooklyn, N.Y.
Infectious Diseases, University of Kentucky, Lexington
Certifications or Special training
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease
Bluegrass Care Clinic
Fifth Floor, Wing D, Room L504
740 S. Limestone
Lexington KY 40536-0284
UK HealthCare accepts many forms of insurance.
See list of insurers »
Recent Publications (Five most recent publications from PubMed via an automated list based on the provider’s ID and the University of Kentucky.)
- Myint T, Evans ME, Burgess DR, Greenberg RN.
Respiratory Muscle Paralysis Associated With Colistin, Polymyxin B, and Muscle Relaxants Drugs: A Case Report.
J Investig Med High Impact Case Rep. 4(1):2324709616638362.
- Myint T, Dykhuizen MJ, McDonald CH, Ribes JA.
Post operative fungal endopthalmitis due to Geotrichum candidum.
Med Mycol Case Rep. 2015 Dec;10:4-6.
- Vergidis P, Avery RK, Wheat LJ, Dotson JL, Assi MA, Antoun SA, Hamoud KA, Burdette SD, Freifeld AG, McKinsey DS, Money ME, Myint T, Andes DR, Hoey CA, Kaul DA, Dickter JK, Liebers DE, Miller RA, Muth WE, Prakash V, Steiner FT, Walker RC, Hage CA.
Histoplasmosis complicating tumor necrosis factor-α blocker therapy: a retrospective analysis of 98 cases.
Clin Infect Dis. 2015 Aug 1;61(3):409-17.
- Myint T, Al-Hasan MN, Ribes JA, Murphy BS, Greenberg RN.
Temporal trends, clinical characteristics, and outcomes of histoplasmosis in a tertiary care center in Kentucky, 2000 to 2009.
J Int Assoc Provid AIDS Care. 13(2):100-5.
- Myint T, Anderson AM, Sanchez A, Farabi A, Hage C, Baddley JW, Jhaveri M, Greenberg RN, Bamberger DM, Rodgers M, Crawford TN, Wheat LJ.
Histoplasmosis in patients with human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (HIV/AIDS): multicenter study of outcomes and factors associated with relapse.
Medicine (Baltimore). 2014 Jan;93(1):11-8.
View this provider on PubMed