My name is Frederick Ueland; I am a graduate of Stanford University and received my medical degree from the Wake Forest University, School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, N.C. I then completed a fellowship in Gynecologic Oncology at the University of Kentucky, Lexington. I am board certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology in Gynecologic Oncology.
My special interests include ovarian tumor evaluation with ultrasound and biomarkers, treatment of ovarian cancer, and advanced pelvic surgery. I am an active translational researcher at the NCI-designated Markey Cancer Center, and was the principal investigator for the OVA-1 trial which resulted in FDA-clearance for the ovarian tumor blood test in 2009. I am also the Medical Director of Gynecologic Surgery, and Medical Director of Outpatient Chemotherapy and Infusion for UK HealthCare. I serve on a number of local and national cancer committees.
Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Wake Forest University, School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, N.C.
University of Kentucky, Lexington
University of Kentucky, Lexington
Certifications or Special training
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic Oncology Clinic
Markey Cancer Center
Third Floor, Room 330A
800 Rose St.
Lexington KY 40536-0098
UK HealthCare accepts many forms of insurance.
See list of insurers »
Recent Publications (Five most recent publications from PubMed via an automated list based on the provider’s ID and the University of Kentucky.)
- Matsuo K, Takazawa Y, Ross MS, Elishaev E, Podzielinski I, Yunokawa M, Sheridan TB, Bush SH, Klobocista MM, Blake EA, Takano T, Matsuzaki S, Baba T, Satoh S, Shida M, Nishikawa T, Ikeda Y, Adachi S, Yokoyama T, Takekuma M, Fujiwara K, Hazama Y, Kadogami D, Moffitt MN, Takeuchi S, Nishimura M, Iwasaki K, Ushioda N, Johnson MS, Yoshida M, Hakam A, Li SW, Richmond AM, Machida H, Mhawech-Fauceglia P, Ueda Y, Yoshino K, Yamaguchi K, Oishi T, Kajiwara H, Hasegawa K, Yasuda M, Kawana K, Suda K, Miyake TM, Moriya T, Yuba Y, Morgan T, Fukagawa T, Wakatsuki A, Sugiyama T, Pejovic T, Nagano T, Shimoya K, Andoh M, Shiki Y, Enomoto T, Sasaki T, Fujiwara K, Mikami M, Shimada M, Konishi I, Kimura T, Post MD, Shahzad MM, Im DD, Yoshida H, Omatsu K, Ueland FR, Kelley JL, Karabakhtsian RG, Roman LD.
Significance of histologic pattern of carcinoma and sarcoma components on survival outcomes of uterine carcinosarcoma.
Ann Oncol. 2016 Jul;27(7):1257-66.
- Lefringhouse JR, Neward E, Ueland FR, Baldwin LA, Miller RW, DeSimone CP, Kryscio RJ, van Nagell JR, Pavlik EJ.
Probability of fallopian tube and ovarian detection with transvaginal ultrasonography in normal women.
Womens Health (Lond Engl). 2016 Jun;12(3):303-11.
- Baldwin LA, Hoff JT, Lefringhouse J, Zhang M, Jia C, Liu Z, Erfani S, Jin H, Xu M, She QB, van Nagell JR, Wang C, Chen L, Plattner R, Kaetzel DM, Luo J, Lu M, West D, Liu C, Ueland FR, Drapkin R, Zhou BP, Yang XH.
CD151-α3β1 integrin complexes suppress ovarian tumor growth by repressing slug-mediated EMT and canonical Wnt signaling.
Oncotarget. 2014 Dec 15;5(23):12203-17.
- Elder JW, Pavlik EJ, Long A, Miller RW, DeSimone CP, Hoff JT, Ueland WR, Kryscio RJ, van Nagell JR, Ueland FR.
Serial ultrasonographic evaluation of ovarian abnormalities with a morphology index.
Gynecol Oncol. 2014 Oct;135(1):8-12.
- Goodrich ST, Bristow RE, Santoso JT, Miller RW, Smith A, Zhang Z, Ueland FR.
The effect of ovarian imaging on the clinical interpretation of a multivariate index assay.
Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2014 Jul;211(1):65.e1-65.e11.
View this provider on PubMed