My name is Charles Smith; I received my medical degree at the Tulane University, School of Medicine, New Orleans. I completed a fellowship at the University of Kentucky, Lexington.
I am board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in Neurology.
Professor of Neurology, Anatomy and Neurobiology
Tulane University, School of Medicine, New Orleans
Dartmouth Medical Center, Hanover, N.H.
University of Kentucky, Lexington
Certifications or Special training
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Neurology
Kentucky Neuroscience Institute
First Floor, Wing C, Room B101
740 S. Limestone
Lexington KY 40536-0284
UK HealthCare accepts many forms of insurance.
See list of insurers »
Recent Publications (Five most recent publications from PubMed via an automated list based on the provider’s ID and the University of Kentucky.)
- Nelson PT, Trojanowski JQ, Abner EL, Al-Janabi OM, Jicha GA, Schmitt FA, Smith CD, Fardo DW, Wang WX, Kryscio RJ, Neltner JH, Kukull WA, Cykowski MD, Van Eldik LJ, Ighodaro ET.
"New Old Pathologies": AD, PART, and Cerebral Age-Related TDP-43 With Sclerosis (CARTS).
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2016 Jun;75(6):482-98.
- Smith CD, Johnson ES, Van Eldik LJ, Jicha GA, Schmitt FA, Nelson PT, Kryscio RJ, Murphy RR, Wellnitz CV.
Peripheral (deep) but not periventricular MRI white matter hyperintensities are increased in clinical vascular dementia compared to Alzheimer's disease.
Brain Behav. 2016 Mar;6(3):e00438.
- Kryscio RJ, Abner EL, Jicha GA, Nelson PT, Smith CD, Van Eldik LJ, Lou W, Fardo DW, Cooper GE, Schmitt FA.
Self-Reported Memory Complaints: A Comparison of Demented and Unimpaired Outcomes.
J Prev Alzheimers Dis. 2016 Mar;3(1):13-19.
- Cecchi M, Moore DK, Sadowsky CH, Solomon PR, Doraiswamy PM, Smith CD, Jicha GA, Budson AE, Arnold SE, Fadem KC.
A clinical trial to validate event-related potential markers of Alzheimer's disease in outpatient settings.
Alzheimers Dement (Amst). 2015 Dec;1(4):387-94.
- Ighodaro ET, Jicha GA, Schmitt FA, Neltner JH, Abner EL, Kryscio RJ, Smith CD, Duplessis T, Anderson S, Patel E, Bachstetter A, Van Eldik LJ, Nelson PT.
Hippocampal Sclerosis of Aging Can Be Segmental: Two Cases and Review of the Literature.
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2015 Jul;74(7):642-52.
View this provider on PubMed