My name is L. Creed Pettigrew; I received my medical degree at the University of Texas Medical School, Galveston. I completed a fellowship at the University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston.
I am board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in Vascular Neurology and Neurology.
Professor of Neurology
University of Texas Medical School, Galveston
University of Texas, Health Science Center at Houston
University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston
Certifications or Special training
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Neurology
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Vascular Neurology
Kentucky Neuroscience Institute
First Floor, Wing C, Room B101
740 S. Limestone
Lexington KY 40536-0284
UK HealthCare accepts many forms of insurance.
See list of insurers »
Recent Publications (Five most recent publications from PubMed via an automated list based on the provider’s ID and the University of Kentucky.)
- Pettigrew LC, Kryscio RJ, Norris CM.
The TNFα-Transgenic Rat: Hippocampal Synaptic Integrity, Cognition, Function, and Post-Ischemic Cell Loss.
PLoS One. 2016;11(5):e0154721.
- Lahoti S, Gokhale S, Caplan L, Michel P, Samson Y, Rosso C, Limaye K, Hinduja A, Singhal A, Ali S, Pettigrew LC, Kryscio R, Dedhia N, Hastak S, Liebeskind DS.
Thrombolysis in ischemic stroke without arterial occlusion at presentation.
Stroke. 2014 Sep;45(9):2722-7.
- Elkind MS, Luna JM, McClure LA, Zhang Y, Coffey CS, Roldan A, Del Brutto OH, Pretell EJ, Pettigrew LC, Meyer BC, Tapia J, White C, Benavente OR.
C-reactive protein as a prognostic marker after lacunar stroke: levels of inflammatory markers in the treatment of stroke study.
Stroke. 2014 Mar;45(3):707-16.
- Blonder LX, Pettigrew LC, Kryscio RJ.
Emotion recognition and marital satisfaction in stroke.
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol. 2012;34(6):634-42.
- Pandya JD, Sullivan PG, Pettigrew LC.
Focal cerebral ischemia and mitochondrial dysfunction in the TNFα-transgenic rat.
Brain Res. 2011 Apr 12;1384:151-60.
View this provider on PubMed