My name is Philip Kern; I received my medical degree from New York Medical College, Valhalla. I completed a fellowship at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver.
I am board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in Endocrinology and Metabolism. I am engaged in research on obesity and diabetes and am director of the Center for Clinical and Translational Sciences.
Professor of Medicine
New York Medical College, Valhalla
Montefiore Medical Center of Albert Einstein, College of Medicine, Bronx, N.Y.
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver
Certifications or Special training
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine, Endocrinology and Metabolism
Second Floor, Wing C
740 S. Limestone
Lexington KY 40536-0284
UK HealthCare accepts many forms of insurance.
See list of insurers »
Recent Publications (Five most recent publications from PubMed via an automated list based on the provider’s ID and the University of Kentucky.)
- Park SH, Liu Z, Sui Y, Helsley RN, Zhu B, Powell DK, Kern PA, Zhou C.
IKKβ Is Essential for Adipocyte Survival and Adaptive Adipose Remodeling in Obesity.
Diabetes. 2016 Jun;65(6):1616-29.
- Lawler HM, Underkofler CM, Kern PA, Erickson C, Bredbeck B, Rasouli N.
Adipose Tissue Hypoxia, Inflammation, and Fibrosis in Obese Insulin-Sensitive and Obese Insulin-Resistant Subjects.
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2016 Apr;101(4):1422-8.
- Helsley RN, Sui Y, Park SH, Liu Z, Lee RG, Zhu B, Kern PA, Zhou C.
Targeting IKKβ in adipocyte lineage cells for treatment of obesity and metabolic dysfunctions.
Stem Cells. 2016 Mar 17.
- Kirby TJ, Walton RG, Finlin B, Zhu B, Unal R, Rasouli N, Peterson CA, Kern PA.
Integrative mRNA-microRNA analyses reveal novel interactions related to insulin sensitivity in human adipose tissue.
Physiol Genomics. 2016 Feb;48(2):145-53.
- Arble DM, Bass J, Behn CD, Butler MP, Challet E, Czeisler C, Depner CM, Elmquist J, Franken P, Grandner MA, Hanlon EC, Keene AC, Joyner MJ, Karatsoreos I, Kern PA, Klein S, Morris CJ, Pack AI, Panda S, Ptacek LJ, Punjabi NM, Sassone-Corsi P, Scheer FA, Saxena R, Seaquest ER, Thimgan MS, Van Cauter E, Wright KP.
Impact of Sleep and Circadian Disruption on Energy Balance and Diabetes: A Summary of Workshop Discussions.
Sleep. 2015 Dec;38(12):1849-60.
View this provider on PubMed