John Gurley, MD, received his medical degree from The Ohio State University, College of Medicine and Public Health, in Columbus and completed a fellowship at the University of Kentucky. He is board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in cardiovascular disease and interventional cardiology.
Professor of Medicine
The Ohio State University, College of Medicine and Public Health, Columbus
Northeastern Ohio University Affiliated Hospitals, Canton
University of Kentucky, Lexington
Certifications or Special training
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease
American Board of Internal Medicine, Interventional Cardiology
UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital - Pavilion G
Gill Heart Institute
1000 S. Limestone
Lexington KY 40536-0602
UK HealthCare accepts many forms of insurance.
See list of insurers »
Recent Publications (Five most recent publications from PubMed via an automated list based on the provider’s ID and the University of Kentucky.)
- Sexton TR, Wallace EL, Chen A, Charnigo RJ, Reda HK, Ziada KM, Gurley JC, Smyth SS.
Thromboinflammatory response and predictors of outcomes in patients undergoing transcatheter aortic valve replacement.
J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2016 Apr;41(3):384-93.
- Davis KL, Gurley JC, Davenport DL, Xenos ES.
The use of HeRo catheter in catheter-dependent dialysis patients with superior vena cava occlusion.
J Vasc Access. 17(2):138-42.
- Piazza G, Hohlfelder B, Jaff MR, Ouriel K, Engelhardt TC, Sterling KM, Jones NJ, Gurley JC, Bhatheja R, Kennedy RJ, Goswami N, Natarajan K, Rundback J, Sadiq IR, Liu SK, Bhalla N, Raja ML, Weinstock BS, Cynamon J, Elmasri FF, Garcia MJ, Kumar M, Ayerdi J, Soukas P, Kuo W, Liu PY, Goldhaber SZ.
A Prospective, Single-Arm, Multicenter Trial of Ultrasound-Facilitated, Catheter-Directed, Low-Dose Fibrinolysis for Acute Massive and Submassive Pulmonary Embolism: The SEATTLE II Study.
JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2015 Aug 24;8(10):1382-92.
- George B, Wallace EL, Charnigo R, Wingerter KE, Kapadia P, Gurley JC, Smyth SS.
A retrospective analysis of catheter-based thrombolytic therapy for acute submassive and massive pulmonary embolism.
Vasc Med. 2015 Apr;20(2):122-30.
- Leung SW, Gurley JC, Ziada KM, Reda HK, Smith MD, Sorrell VL.
Open wide: transient wide-open mitral regurgitation during transcatheter aortic valve implantation.
J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014 May 6;63(17):e45.
View this provider on PubMed