Patient information |
Visiting Hours/Guidelines |
Send eGreetings |
Blood Donation |
Need help? Call us.
UK Health Connection at 859-257-1000 or 800-333-8874 for general information, appointments and health information.
Patient information is private. The only health information that can be given over the phone is a patient's condition (good, fair, serious or critical). If you are calling to check on a family member or friend, you must know the patient's last name.
For patient condition or information, call 859-323-5816. Patient Information staff can transfer your call to the patient's room, or provide you with a room phone number.
Please check with a nurse on your unit for visiting policy. Visitors should always check at the nurses' station before visiting a patient. Visitor passes are available from Hospital Security for visitors staying after hours.
General visiting guidelines
- UK HealthCare does not restrict or deny visitation privileges on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability.
- Partner(s) in Care are welcomed 24 hours a day at the patient’s request. At times, the healthcare team may encourage Partner(s) in Care to go home to rest, although Kentucky Children’s Hospital encourages parents and/or guardians to stay and participate in care 24 hours a day.
- Partner(s) in Care are defined and designated by each patient and should be defined at the beginning of the patients stay at UK HealthCare if possible. Partner(s) in Care can include: spouse, domestic partner, family member or friend. Partner(s) in Care provide emotional support and comfort and help provide important information to the healthcare team about the patient.
- Family and friends are considered guests; they are not the same as Partner(s) in Care. Guests are encouraged to visit during the hospital visitation hours of 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. seven days a week. In certain areas of the hospital such as Intensive Care Units, Birthing Center or the Emergency Department, visiting hours may be limited, please check at nursing station in that area.
- Potential visitors who may have a contagious condition, such as a cold, sore throat, flu, cough, fever or stomach virus, are asked to please stay home and rest. If you have a contagious condition and you must be at the hospital to visit, please be considerate to other patients and the healthcare team members by wearing a mask and using the provided hand sanitizer.
- For the safety of the patient, the child and other patients at UK HealthCare, we ask that children under the age of 10 be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Please do not bring in pillows, blankets, comforters or other linens from home. Because this is a hospital and shared by many, it is important we reduce sources of infection and the potential spread of illness. We will provide Partner(s) in Care with any linens they need during their stay.
- Uniformed security officers are available 24 hours a day. At any time if you feel concerned about your safety, please ask a healthcare team member to assist you with contacting security.
- Weapons, concealed or otherwise, are not permitted on UK HealthCare property unless carried by a sworn officer of the law.
Please visit the links below for helpful dining, lodging, and shopping resources near our facilities.
Send e-mail greetings to a patient at UK Chandler Hospital, Kentucky Children's Hospital or Markey Cancer Center.
frequently asked questions page.
See our page on
Volunteer blood donations are greatly appreciated and can be made to the community blood supply. To donate blood you must be at least 17 years of age, weigh a minimum of 110 pounds and be in good general health. You can donate blood every 56 days. The Kentucky Blood Center is a nonprofit community blood center serving 65 hospitals and clinics in Kentucky.
Kentucky Blood Center - Beaumont, 3121 Beaumont Center Circle, Lexington
Hours: Monday and Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Saturday 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.; and Sunday 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m (Sunday hours for platelet and plasma donations only).
Kentucky Blood Center - Andover, 3130 Maple Leaf Drive, Lexington
Hours: Monday and Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. and closed on Sunday.
Donor centers are also located in Hazard, Pikeville, Prestonsburg, Somerset and Lexington. For general blood donation information, call the Kentucky Blood Center at 859-276-2534.
Get volunteer information here or call the Volunteer Office at 859-323-6023, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Find out about
employment at UK HealthCare or view
nurse recruitment information.
Back to top