UK Food Service for patients
UK Chandler Hospital provides healthy, balanced meals as an important part of treatment and recovery. Patients who need special meals will receive specific menus. If you have specific dietary needs, ask to meet with a registered dietitian.
Dietitians work closely with your doctors and nurses to make sure your dietary needs are met during your stay. They can provide you and your family with information on special diets and discuss any nutritional concerns.
You or a member of your health care team can contact a dietitian by calling 859-323-6987. Dietitians are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Breakfast tray service is offered between 7:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. Cut-off time is 9:30 a.m.
• A continental breakfast is served until 10:30 a.m.
• Lunch tray service is offered between 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Cut-off time is 1:30 p.m.
• A box lunch is available until 3:30 p.m.
• Dinner tray service is offered from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. Cut-off time is 7 p.m.
- Chandler Dining – Chandler Dining, our hospital cafeteria, is located on the first floor of Pavilion A. It is open 22 hours a day, closing only 5-6 a.m. and 10-11 a.m. Cash and credit cards are accepted.
Additional dining options on the medical campus:
- Courtyard Café − Located in Pavilion A on the ground floor, adjacent to the lobby atrium and the auditorium; offering coffee, beverages, pastries, soups, salads and sandwiches. Open Monday-Friday, 5 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Starbucks − On the first floor of the Kentucky Clinic. Open Monday-Friday, 6:30 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Wildcat Café − Located on the third floor of the Kentucky Clinic near the pedestrian bridge from Pavilion H. Open Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Vending machines − Located on the first floor of Pavilion H; 24-hour service with a microwave available.