Professional Development Information
Crucial Conversations -- 16 hours
Whether it's a problem with poor quality, declining customer satisfaction, or strained relationships, you need to be able to talk honestly. You'll learn how to speak with complete candor (no matter the topic) and complete respect (no matter the person). Use the skills taught in this course when:
1. People withhold feedback and important information
2. Your projects require collaboration from various individuals and stakeholders
3. Employee engagement is low
4. There are undiscussable issues
5. People can't resolve conflicts
For more detailed information on the course, visit http://www.vitalsmarts.com/UserFiles/File/pdf/CrucialConversationsOverview.pdf.
This course is $275.00 which covers the cost of the session materials.
Crucial Confrontations -- 16 hours
Crucial Confrontations Training equips participants with a straight forward step-by-step process for identifying and resolving performance gaps -- those unpleasant realities standing in the way of organizational success. With this hands-on problem-solving approach, participants learn to:
1. Step up to poor performance and pick the right problem to work on addressing underlying motivation and ability issues
2. Hold anyone accountable -- no matter the other person's power, position, or temperament -- get a positive results
3. Motivate using power by clearly and concisely explaining natural consequences and permanently resolving problems.
4. Enable without taking over by creatively helping others avoid excuses and work-arounds, stay on track, and resolve performance barriers.
The course is $275.00 which covers the cost of the session materials.
Personality Differences -- 2 hours
As long as you live you will have at least some unwelcome and unproductive friction with others. Scientists have discovered that 75% of the population is significantly different than you. In this workshop we will explore what the differences mean and how to turn stress and irritations into understanding and productivity.
At the end of the session, the participants will be able to:
1. Identify their personal communication/personality style
2. Describe their personal communication/personality on others
3. Explain backup behaviors and their consequences on others
4. Identify the personal communication styles of others
5. Flex to different communication styles
6. Discover ways to deal with challenging behaviors of others
7. Manage the specific problem behaviors of coworkers according to their personalities.