New at UK HealthCare
New pavilion A 8th floor construction
This state-of-the-art facility is a key milestone in achieving our vision to become a world-class academic medical center and the state's most comprehensive and advanced health care system.
- Construction to fit out the 8th Floor of Pavilion A is continuing.
- Eight additional operating rooms and a hybrid operating room opened in 2012, totaling an additional 600,000 square feet of space. Read more about our new
pavilion and construction goals.
- Patient Care Floors 6 and 7 opened in May 2011.
- Public spaces opened in May 2011.
- New Chandler Emergency Department and Mackenna David Pediatric Emergency Center opened July 2010.
Eastern State Hospital
The new Eastern State Hospital, managed by UK HealthCare, opened Sept. 10, 2013. Read about the
Bringing it together.
The new pavilion at UK Chandler Hospital brings together art, science and healing to provide the highest quality of care. It supports our past, prepares us for the future, and moves us closer to becoming one of the Top 20 public research institutions in the nation.
The new facility, a total healing environment, supports people who provide care, people who receive care, and those who wish to appreciate a place that reflects the art and beauty of Kentucky.
UK HealthCare Hospital Community Guide (PDF, 980 KB)
Find out about the features of our newest facility.
Hospital of Tomorrow. . . TODAY brochure (PDF, 929 KB)
Describes in detail the fundamentals of the construction project.
View the latest edition of
Renewal (PDF, 494 KB)
Your resource for the latest UK HealthCare construction and facilities news.
Uniquely Kentucky brochure (PDF, 5.72 KB)
Discover the unique features of the project that will make this a hospital like no other.
Pavilion A - UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital Fact Sheets