Health Information Links
UK HealthCare Health Information on the Web
UK HealthCare Online Health Information Library - click to visit our Web library to research health conditions, use free risk assessments and interactive tools.
There are literally thousands of Web sites that deal with health and medicine information for the consumer/patient. Our intention is to provide you with links to a select few of these sites that we have carefully reviewed and found to be credible and of high quality.
Starting Points for Health Information on the Web
The following sites are excellent starting points for finding high quality health information on the Web. They provide links to specially selected, credible health-related Web sites.
- Most Useful Web Sites for Consumers - The top 10 recommendations from the Medical Library Association
- MEDLINEplus - National Library of Medicine
- Healthfinder - National Institutes of Health
- UpToDate for Patients - Provides hundreds of patient information topics, allowing patients and healthcare providers to share in the decision making process.
- Web Sites You Can Trust - Consumer and Patient Health Information Section (CAPHIS) of the Medical Library Association (includes nice descriptions of various Web sites)