The UK HealthCare parking garage at 110 Transcript Ave. serves the following facilities:
- UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital
- Kentucky Children's Hospital
- Center for Advanced Surgery
- College of Dentistry
- Gill Heart Institute
- Kentucky Clinic (a garage is also located next to the clinic building on Huguelet Avenue for patient and visitor parking)
The parking garage features 1,600 extra-wide parking spaces in a well-lighted structure that helps visitors feel safe and secure. 126 spaces are designated as accessible parking for persons with disabilities.
Hours and fees
- Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- UK employees that are being seen for an appointment, who have any type of UK insurance, will get 4 hours of free parking with proper validation from the UK-HMO check-in desks.
- Parking costs 75¢ per hour, with a maximum charge of $6 per exit.
- Extended discounted visitor parking passes are available.
Patient drop-off information
- For all services, drop off at the main entrance of Chandler Hospital or Emergency Department.
- The College of Dentistry is located behind the hospital. From the main entrance of Chandler Hospital turn left at the Information Desk, then turn right and cross the courtyard to the next building.
Free door-to-door shuttle service
- Free, wheelchair-friendly (no steps) shuttle buses transport visitors safely to and from the hospital’s front loop and Emergency Department entrances from 5:30 a.m. to 1 a.m. every day. Pick up the shuttle at garage Level A or just outside of the front doors of the hospital at either Pavilion H (the older building) or Pavilion A (the new building).
- A second shuttle route serves the Kentucky Clinic 6 a.m. and 8 p.m., Monday – Friday. Be sure to choose the correct shuttle for your destination and ask the ambassador or shuttle driver if you are unsure.
- Shuttle buses for each route arrive every three to five minutes.
- Shuttle ambassadors are available at the shuttle loading area 6 a.m. – 10 p.m. to answer questions and help patients and visitors access the shuttles. Ambassadors are also stationed at each shuttle stop to provide assistance.
- Shuttle service is also available between UK Good Samaritan and UK Chandler Hospital 6:45 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. on weekdays. Shuttles depart from the main entry of Good Samaritan Hospital and from the front loop of Chandler Pavilion A (the new building) every 15 minutes.
A pedestrian bridge provides a convenient walking path from Level C of the garage to the concourse level of Chandler Hospital Pavilion A.
For your safety, please DO NOT cross South Limestone on foot.
Directions to these facilities
Kentucky Clinic and Kentucky Clinic Dentistry
For Kentucky Clinic and Kentucky Clinic Dentistry, park at Kentucky Clinic parking garage, 140 Huguelet Avenue.
Directions to Kentucky Clinic
- Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Attendant on duty: Monday through Thursday 8:30 a.m.- 9 p.m.; Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 5:30 p.m.
- UK employees who are being seen for an appointment, who have any type of UK insurance, will get 4 hours of free parking with proper validation from the clinic they visit.
- Patient parking fees are $0.75 per hour, with a maximum charge of $6 per exit with a valid patient rate stamp.
- Non-patient rate: $10 per hour, with a maximum charge of $25 per exit.
Between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., a patient rate stamp is required when exiting, or patrons will be charged the higher non-patient rate of $10 for the first hour and $5 for each additional hour (to a maximum of $25). Parking fees are paid at cashier booths at the exit. Anyone with questions concerning parking may contact Parking Service Office at 859-323-8085.
Patient drop-off information
- Drop patients off at the main entrance of Kentucky Clinic on South Limestone in the circle drive.
- You may also drop patients off within the Kentucky Clinic parking garage at each level before parking.
- Elevator is available just inside the clinic doors at each level of the garage.
- Call ahead for wheelchair assistance: 859-323-5581.
UK Good Samaritan Hospital
For UK Good Samaritan Hospital, park at Good Samaritan Hospital parking garage, 310 South Limestone.
Directions to UK Good Samaritan Hospital
- Parking is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Drop patients off at the main entrance of UK Good Samaritan Hospital on South Limestone.
Markey Cancer Center
For Markey Cancer Center, park at Markey Cancer Center parking lot, 800 Rose Street.
Directions to Markey Cancer Center
- A parking lot for Markey Cancer Center outpatients is located near the Whitney-Hendrickson Building, accessible via Hospital Drive.
- Drop patients off at the circle in front of the Markey Cancer Center (No parking; for pick-up and drop-off only.)
Kentucky Clinic South and Kentucky Clinic South Dentistry
For Kentucky Clinic South, park in Kentucky Clinic South parking lot, 2400 Greatstone Point, off Harrodsburg Road.
Directions to Kentucky Clinic South
UK Polk-Dalton Clinic
For UK Polk-Dalton Clinic, park in Polk-Dalton Clinic parking lot, 217 Elm Tree Lane, in downtown Lexington.
Directions to Polk-Dalton Clinic
For UK HealthCare Sports Medicine, park in the UK HealthCare Turfland Parking Lot, 2195 Harrodsburg Road.
Directions to UK HealthCare Sports Medicine
Orthopaedics Spine & Total Joint Service
For UK Orthopaedics Spine & Total Joint Service, park in the Good Samaritan Medical Plaza Parking Lot, 125 East Maxwell Street, in downtown Lexington.
Directions to UK Orthopaedics Spine & Total Joint Service
Parking for visitors with disabilities
- Parking spaces for visitors with disabilities are located near UK HealthCare facilities and are available to visitors with special needs.
- Unless signed otherwise, parking spaces for visitors with disabilities only require a valid state disabled placard.
Call 859-323-8085 to get assistance finding accessible parking or a permit.
Extended parking passes for visitors
Visitors needing continual access to the UK HealthCare Garage and Kentucky Clinic Garage for an extended time may purchase a seven-day Visitor Pass. For information, call the Parking Service Office at 859-323-8085.
- The passes cost $20 a week for the first and second passes. After buying two consecutive seven-day passes, there is no charge for additional consecutive passes.
- Passes are available at the Parking Service Office in the Hospital Garage,110 Transcript Ave., 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday.
- Passes can be used in UK Hospital Garage and Kentucky Clinic Garage.
- The pass should be displayed on the rear-view mirror while parked.
- Show the pass to the parking booth attendant when you give them your fee ticket and you will not be charged for parking.
- Passes are non-transferable and the fee to replace a lost or stolen pass is $5.
UK HealthCare service area parking
If you need to load or unload large or heavy items, you should request a Service Permit (S). To obtain a permit, call Parking Services at 859-323-8085.
UK campus parking information
For information on parking elsewhere on the UK campus, please see
UK Parking & Transportation Services.